Thursday, August 4, 2011

full days

It's been a busy week! I received a big project from a local medical mall (seriously, it's like a mall with 20+ medical practices) and the project keeps getting bigger and more involved. They like what I've done so far and today they're sending my name to all the practices in the facility suggesting they use me for all of their design and marketing campaigns. I am feeling both overwhelmed and fortunate. I don't want to turn away clients in this market, but I can't be both a full-time stay at home mom and designer. Do I limit the work I accept and hope my clients don't replace me with someone they can always rely on? Hire a freelance designer? Enlist the help of a nanny? I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, but my schedule is already uncomfortably full, so I'd like to be prepared.

I admit it would be really tough for me to hire someone to help with Evie. I love spending my days with her. In my entire life, I've never felt happier or more content. Even on the tough days, of which there are plenty, I like to be the one who cuddles with her when she is sad and who tries not to laugh as she pretends to put food in her mouth before throwing it on the floor. She's only 13 months, but I can already feel the time slipping away and I want to appreciate every day I have while she still needs me. I know I have some control issues and over-protective tendencies to keep in check, but mostly I just think she's hilarious and unbelievably sweet and I like hanging out with her. Can someone figure out a way to stop the clock, please?

_______________

We booked a vacation!! I am SO excited! Before these projects began consuming all of my "me" time, I was obsessively researching everything Disney Cruise. This will be my 5th voyage, but the first with a baby. Can. Not. Wait. It will be the first full week we've spent together as a family and with Matt's work schedule, it can't come soon enough. We leave November 12th for a week. We'll be stopping in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and twice at Disney's private island. We'll be in Cozumel for my 32nd birthday! I think! I keep forgetting how old I am. Any ideas of what we should do in port would be greatly appreciated! Also accepting advice on how to leave a baby with attachment issues and an over-protective mother in the on-board nursery so Matt and I can have some baby-free fun.

_______________

It amazes me how much Evie understands these days! Everyday is something new.
Cute changes:
•  the way she tries to say "kitty," which is more like "ktheee" said in a whisper
•  seeing her blossoming thespian abilities. As I mentioned above, she will tightly grasp a bite of food in her fist, bring it to her mouth without letting go, then she'll pretend to chew it as she throws it on the floor. So difficult not to laugh!

Things I miss:
•  She no longer yells "MAaaaaaAAaAaaaaa?!" when she's looking for me. It was so funny! She did it for months, then a few days ago I realized it has been weeks since I last heard it.

And now for a video of my favorite girl:

No comments:

Post a Comment