Tuesday, September 13, 2011

bathtime fun

Garden Tub

This is how bath time ended tonight. Not because I'm a playful, laid-back mom who brings magic and whimsy into normal day-to-day routines, but because Evie filled the other bathtub with poop. But let's be honest, it's mostly because I'm a playful laid-back mom who brings magic and whimsy to normal day-to-day routines. It was an eventful evening and every item of clothing I was wearing is now in the wash.

_____________

We went to a wedding in Atlanta last weekend for one of my closest friends from my App days, Susanne. She is pure effervescence. She is also a gourmet baker, which is why it was physically painful to leave the reception before they cut the cake. It would have been much more painful for the other guests, however, if we'd kept Evie there much longer past her bedtime, so we headed back and Matt and I shared a bottle of wine in the dark, quiet hotel room while the little girl slept. It was actually pretty nice.


_____________

If any of you wonder if I've fallen of the face of the Earth, I've been slammed with work. For the past several weeks, I've been working at every available opportunity during the day and again at night after Evie goes to bed until my brain shuts down, which is anywhere from 10 pm to 1 am. Yes, I should be working right now, but I care about my blog readers too much. And its more efficient than personally e-mailing the 4 of you who read this. Because my daughter still doesn't sleep through the night, my brain decided never to officially turn on today. There are a lot of days where I can't form simple sentences and, for whatever reason, my syntax begins to mirror Yoda's. I leave out articles. Sleep deprivation is turning me into a foreigner, but one who only (poorly) speaks a secondary language.

The most fun project I worked on in the past month was for one of my oldest and dearest friends, Annabelle, who just started an etsy shop. It was such a fun diversion from my other more serious projects. I love, love, love the quilt she made for Evie and she's such a talented and creative seamstress. I bartered my designs for a picnic quilt! Be jealous! Check out her shop (and my logo) here. Go buy things.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh. We have yet to have a poop incident in the tub (knock on every piece of wood I can find), but I hear it's brutal. You have my sympathies!

    Annabelle's Etsy shop and your logo look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Always bringing a smile to my face! :)

    Annabelle's shop and the logo are fantastic!
    xo

    ReplyDelete