Thursday, September 22, 2011

Who needs sleep?

I survived last week! I had several big deadlines on Friday and my clients were sending me changes and additions well past the cutoff point I gave them. It's surprising that they would ignore all of my pleas to get in final comments because I'm normally viewed as a intimidating and authoritative. I somehow found a way to work, while watching Evie, the entire day on Friday. Luckily she is a cuddlebug, so she happily snuggled and sat on my lap, occasionally offering a helping hand on the keyboard. I think I caught all of the "HieeeeEEEEEffw5" additions to the files, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few slipped through the cracks.

I was patting myself on the back last week for managing to remain energetic and productive even though Evie is sleeping like a newborn, but it must have been pure adrenaline because I absolutely crashed on Monday. I am beat! I can not handle the constant night wakings any more and it's only gotten worse. She screams and refuses to back into her crib in the middle of the night. It's like trying to put a cat in a bathtub. Letting her cry it out has been completely fruitless and that's normally the last resort for parents. We have a pediatrician visit this afternoon and I am praying for some guidance on the issue. Unfortunately, I am a terrible sleeper and my parents said I didn't sleep through the night until I was 2 1/2, so I suppose I only have my genes to blame.

__________

It's not all bad though! Evie is so darn sweet. Her unsolicited kisses and hugs melt me. Though she still isn't talking much, she's trying and is generally more and more communicative. It's fun to watch her point out a wide variety of objects. And she's walking now! It's the cutest waddle you've ever seen. She started out walking like a drunken Frankenstein, but is improving by the day.

Toddling Along

__________

As has been discussed, Evie is obsessed, obsessed with cats and dogs. Animals can generally be divided into one of the two categories. For example, cows are dogs, but pigs are cats. Lions are catdogs, since they "uff" and "meow" interchangeably. What you may not know is that some dogs, including Scottys, chihuahuas, and yorkies, are cats. Pretty clear cut.

Hopefully I'll get a good plan at the doctor! Will update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment