Sunday, October 30, 2011

Please?

Last weekend we took advantage of the World's Most Beautiful Day and went to the NC Fair. Previous trips had left me feeling like it was an icky and sad place, but this time we did it right and had a great time. Evie loved the animals and I loved being able to show her all of the farm animals we've been talking so much about. I did my best while visiting the petting zoo to push away thoughts of exploitation, cramped living spaces and nutritional diversity (hopefully the animals are fed something other than carrot chips at some point) and tried to enjoy the experience. The 4H areas were even better and my favorite part was enjoying hot cider while listening to a bluegrass band. Evie even happily rode around in her stroller instead of insisting on pushing it!

______________


On the way home from Isle of Palms, I taught Evie to say "please" by bribing her with raisins. I felt like I was training a bird, but I suppose that is inevitable at times! It's pretty cute and comes in many varied forms: (bee, bway, pee, pwee, etc.). I started to get a little nervous because once she connected the dots between saying please and getting what she was asking for, she stopped saying all other words and replacing them all with "please."

M: Evie, can you say shoe?
E: PWEEEEEEEE!!!!!
M: Evie, can you say kitty?
E: Beee? BWEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!


Thankfully, she has begun using other words again. She even learned "boo" to be extra festive. It seems she loves holidays just like her momma!
______________

We've really been missing Da around these parts. Last month, Matt joined a new firm started by the attorney he was working for. It seemed like he was already working a lot, but now he's gone even more. It's been pretty hard on the three of us. It will be so nice when things calm down a bit. His job will always be demanding, but it will be great to spend weekends with him again. A lazy day with just the three of us sounds like heaven. This conversation can be heard on a loop dozens of times each day:

E: Da?
M: Dada's at work, sweet girl.
E: Da? Dada!?
M: He's at work.
E: Da? DAAAA! (walking to the front door, looking out the window and yelling as loud as she can)
M: Dada's at work. He loves you very much!

It's so sad and cute. The other day she woke up in the morning and from her nap asking for Da, which means a lot coming from that momma's girl. 12 days until our cruise! 7 days together! I can. not. wait.

Learnin' Da a thing or two about the guitar.
kisses!
______________

On Friday, we celebrated Halloween with Evie's playgroup. Four toddlers in costumes. I nearly puked from the cuteness. Later, I felt like puking after eating a whole batch of Rice Krispie treats, kindly left by Erin (the puppy's mom). I have no self discipline whatsoever, as I discovered.






 ______________

Random Cuteness from this week:

Kissing flowers. My girl is so sweet.

I love her.



1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I LOVE this post!!! It made me laugh, it made me cry, it was better than Cats! (Meow/Uff for Evie!!) Your trip tot he fair sounds like so much FUN! Evie and all the kiddies look so adorabel in their costumes!! Have A BLASTTTTTTT on your curise!! I know you will!!
    With love from Florida!

    ReplyDelete