Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Next Steps

Last weekend, Matt went to NYC for a work trip and was kind enough to invite me to join. My mom came in to stay with Evie, so it's tough to say who had a better weekend. I missed her like crazy, and thought about her constantly, but still managed to have a pretty awesome time. The incredible food helped, as did the company and entertainment. We stayed with Matt's college buddy, who took us to some of the best restaurants I've ever visited. If you're in Park Slope, or anywhere in the vicinity, you must go to Juventino (truffled eggs!!!!) or Kiwiana. That night, we met some more friends at Alta, a tapas restaurant in the city, before seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway. I wasn't sure what I'd think about that show, but we all loved it! The talent was stunning.  At least I thought so until I saw Matt's "Step In Time" routine outside the theater.

After the trip, I was refreshed and excited to get back to my daily routine with Eves. My daily routine is going to involve a few more steps for the next few weeks, however. We're trying for a second, which for us means blood tests, ultrasounds, pills and injections. Up first is Femara, which is typically used to treat breast cancer, but some crafty scientists in Canada found that it's also able to induce ovulation. I've been on it for three days and in that time I've had hot flashes, dizzy spells, and a raging headache--the type that pounds with noise, light and toddlers begging to visit the mailbox for the 11th time that hour. However, ovulation stimulators also raise your mood, so I've been pretty cheerful despite all that! I'm on this for a few more days and start injections tomorrow. They'll monitor me closely during that, so as to avoid a litter of Lees, and then we hope, pray and wait! I was warned that my mood would plummet post-ovulation, and I'll be on Progesterone, so Matt will probably just want to plan to be away for work for that 2 week period.

As hard as it is mentally and physically to go through this process, it's 100 times easier going through it with a child at home. It's also a pretty great reminder of how lucky we are to be parents at all.

Since we'd just had a great weekend together I didn't have any Valentine's expectations, but Matt surprised me at home 4:00! He brought Evie and I some goodies, but his early arrival took the cake. Evie loved the Valentine "mailboxes" Matt gave her and showed her appreciation by calling him a Poo Pie. She pulled out that insult last week and doubles over whenever she uses it. She's been practicing it since, and if she knows your name you can bet she's called you a Poo Pie as well. If she's really angry, she'll call you a "No-No Boy", so be careful not to get on her bad side.

No comments:

Post a Comment