Tuesday, January 15, 2013

IVF

Lots of news! I went to my surgeon last week and he gave me the green light to start IVF! Three doctors with three different diagnoses and his was definitely my favorite. I do have a fracture in my wrist, but it's possible I won't need surgery and even if I do, it's one that can be done while pregnant, should I be so lucky.

I jumped right in and have been on on 2 shots a day for the past 5 days and I've got my first ultrasound on Thursday. That's the one where we struck out on our last cycle, so I expect all of you to keep your fingers crossed until then so that we get good news. Otherwise it will likely be the end of the road for this journey.

Matt left on Sunday for a trial in Kentucky that will last for several weeks. We miss him lots. It also means I will go through all of the steps in the IVF process alone. I get to give myself all my shots and will even do my egg retrieval husband-less. Considering the fact that my anesthesia didn't work for my last retrieval, it's not ideal. Thankfully, a sweet friend has offered to go with me for 3 of the 4 days it will likely occur, so I just need to find a willing volunteer to cover the last.

As for Evie, she's definitely entered into a new chapter of communication. We have actual conversations and it's amazing to hear her accounts of the world. The incessant "what's it called," "what does ___ start with?" and "what did ___ do that for" questions can get tiresome, but I do love the spontaneous discussions that result.
E: Do bugs talk?
M: No, I don't think so.
E: I think that sometimes they do. Do trees talk?
M: I don't think they can talk either.
E: Yeah, cause they don't have mouths.

The other day, the three of us were arriving back home and Matt started knocking on the door saying, "Jack! Open up! Come unlock the door for us!" Evie, coming to the sad realization that her father is kind of an idiot, said, "He can't. Jack doesn't have hands, you 'member?"

And finally yesterday I was able to fill in the "Baby's First Condescending Phrase" box in her baby book. She was dragging a kitchen chair into the living room so I said, "We have chairs in here and you can sit with me. Let's leave it, ok?" to which she responded, "Oh, that's so sweet. But no, let's don't." Her tone dripped with condescension. Hilarious!





M: "Jack, you look so silly!"
E: "No he doesn't! He looks beeeautiful!"



2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog, Molly. You're a riot! And that picture of Evie, second from the bottom, is stunning. She's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete